Tuesday 10 January 2012

Small Update from Tokyo


Still haven't had much time to do very much gaming related whilst here, did manage to pop into Shinjuku Playland Carnival the other day and played one quick game of XIII.

Beat the guy who was playing and then got no more challenges, seemed like 98 and 02UM were getting played quite a bit though.

As you can see in the opening image they have a dial on the machine so you can pick between Kanto/Kansai/Taiwan button layouts, pretty cool considering I don't like using square configuration.

Managed to pick up a Kensou XIII chibi figure for Y400, did see a few of the other characters in the same shop but the prices were all like Y1000'ish.

Also my friend helped me pick up a Neo Geo CD console plus 94 from a car boot sale for Y1500 (about £12).

Still haven't managed to find work here yet, just moved into a guesthouse last night where I have a deal with the owner to go to his English Cafe 15 days a month to get reduced rent.

It's seriously too cold here, even sleeping with layered clothing and a jacket on and I still wake up bloody freezing in the middle of the night.

Gonna probably go to look for a heater unit today in Don Quijote, should be cheaper than me using the aircon all day.

7 comments:

  1. Hi.
    Just wondering if you have ever tried out "Yutanpo". It's a plastic bag filled with hot water, you put(you refill that every night)t it in your bed, it will keep you warm till you wake up.It shouldn't cost more than 1000 yen.

    Just ask Oyasan(the guest house owner) she or he may know what I'm referring to.
    Hope you have a wonderful stay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Kotaku is hiring people living in Tokyo ( http://kotaku.com/5874691/live-and-breathe-japanese-games-kotaku-is-now-hiring ). I'm not sure about you japanese proficiency though, har har.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best friend you find a job soon. Greetings from Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, how's it going? I hope you are settling in over here.

    From my experience, the heater rinses the electric much more than the aircon. For example, one of my winter bills a few years ago when I used the electric heater was approx. double that of when I just used the aircon the next year.

    Of course it depends on the heater I guess but it was just a small electric National one.

    I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice guys, I ended up getting a small heater, extra blanket and a kettle (so I can drink hot drinks xD).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its Miles star
    lol Donkihote sucks
    Its full of stuff you DONT need :p

    Where did you get the Kensou figure. I tried searching all over the place in Akihabara(Gamers etc) and in Osaka to find KOF related goods. Its most 5% other stuff and 95% One Piece...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donki is alright for some things, just got to look around first and see whether it is cheaper。

    I got it from one of the gachapon/figure shops in Nakano Broadway, so far I`ve only been able to find Elizabeth, Kensou and Yuri (all in different shops/places).

    The same shop in Nakano had other ones from this series but it cost alot more. KOF stuff isn`t too easy to find, have to travel to a lot of different Book Offs to find the guides. (And sometimes the prices can differ a lot)

    ReplyDelete