Friday 24 January 2014

A Quick Look at SVC CHAOS Extreme Encounters Mook - Sweet Bliss Colliseum


It's been a while since I've done a proper write up about goods or mooks, I've picked up quite a few during the past two years in Japan but because of having trouble settling in to a new country as well as being busy with work I haven't had the chance. 

I'm going to start a quick write up of the SVC Chaos Extreme Encounters mook which I picked up a few weeks ago for the bargain price of 105yen at a Book Off near one of my part time jobs. 

As I'm never going to get around to doing a proper write up of it all in one go, I'm going to break up the write ups into smaller ones. So first up I'm starting with just a quick look at the Sweet Bliss Colliseum section of the mook. 


As you can see from the pics, basically this shows the characters after they've been hit and transformed by Demitri's Midnight Bliss super. Even though I'd played SVC a fair bit in the arcades and console, I never played as Demitri so it was pretty interesting for me to look at these.

Violent Ken's eyebrows a pretty crazy though right? lol.


As some of you may know the transformation of Goenitz is to the infamous Goeniko character, I'm pretty sure I have a doujinshi of her back in the U.K. lol...

I'm not quite sure what it says about Hugo's transformation, seems like it can mess up sometimes and you just get Hugo with boobs.

I did quite like that Orochi Iori turns into Miss.X from the Gal Fighters game, and it looks like Kyo turns into Kyoko

I'll try and get some more pics and get those up soon, there's still a load of other mooks and a few All About books that I wanna do write ups on at some point too.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for posting these photos! Is the whole book presented in such a pixel-perfect format? I know that the US version KOF XII strategy guide was done like that, which makes it the best of the fighting game strategy guides I've gathered, at least in my opinion. Having the old school sprites like that, though, especially considering that these only existed for this game, is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember how the XII guide looks like, and my copy is back in the UK so I can't check. This mook is pretty nice though, when I have the time I'll do the graphic arts section write up next.

    ReplyDelete