Saturday 20 March 2021

King of Fighters XV - Team Hero trailers - A Quick Look









A bit late to the party but thought I'd just share a few thoughts about the trailers shown so far, this time focusing on Team Hero. 

So it seems Team China has ditched Tung in favour of Benimaru this year, also judging by the set ups of the other teams so far it would seem that Benimaru is the leader of this team. 

In terms of the characters shown, I wasn't too much of a fan of the new characters in XIV. 
I did play Meitenkun for a while, but didn't really click with Shun-Ei at all. 
Personally I'm one of those who wants more returning characters rather than new ones. 

But anyway, just based on these three trailers it looks like the game has had a huge graphical overhaul and was probably needed considering the heavy criticism XIV received based on the graphics. 

It does look like they are veering away from the BC combo system in this game, at the moment from what I can tell it looks like the game will instead be based around a simpler cancel system but since we cannot see the super bars it's difficult to guess exactly how this will work. 
To me it looks kind of like how cancels work in the Street Fighter EX games. (attack -> special -> super)

Just as a personal opinion, I feel this was a good idea as I've never liked being on the receiving end of long combos. 

But anyway that's my opinion of this set of trailers, not much really but it's not a team that I'm very excited about personally. 

How about you? What did you guys think of this set of trailers?

No comments:

Post a Comment